Tuesday, November 17, 2015

STAMPlorations challenge - Newsprint and a Sketch

Christmas is in the air!!!! Ok, ok, I know we're still a whole week away from Thanksgiving, but I couldn't resist pulling out the green and red and making a whole lotta merry in my craft room this weekend. And I've got a super adorable project to share with you all - a hot cocoa holder! 


Sometimes when I look at a sketch challenge, I see something completely different and when I looked at the latest STAMPlorations challenge, I instantly envisioned this 
little cocoa holder. I think I'm totally going to make up a bunch of these for my coworkers for Christmas. 



Beee teeeee dubs, you don't have to use the sketch, we also have a theme, too! So you can use either the sketch, or the theme or both! Options!

But back to the cocoa holder!

Here are the specs! 


Cut a sheet of paper at 12'' and 5 1/2''. Score lengthwise at 4'' and 8'' and then score the bottom 1/2''. Fold on the score lines. Then cut the bottom 1/2'' of each of the side flaps off, leaving the scored 1/2'' of the center panel. Cut the panels at the angle you desire. 

Fold bottom 1/2 score line up and glue the right panel to it. Finally, glue the left panel over the top of that. Finished! 

By the way - the sentiment stamp is a sneakity peekity at my brand new stamp set that comes out tomorrow! Check back in tomorrow for the FULL reveal along with other crafty holiday gift projects. I also used Blooming Buds by Dee's Artsy Impressions

I'm also going to send this over to the following challenges:
Pile it On - Any Holiday/Celebration
The Challenge - look at this adorable cocoa-themed image!

36 comments:

  1. Apols for the lack if visits Becca, been a bit under the weather since I cam out of hospital. Lovely card today though and you lucky Peeps your side of the pond get an even longer run in to the festive season.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute and fun (and delicious!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Supet idea Becca! I just happen to have some cocoa packets to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Supet idea Becca! I just happen to have some cocoa packets to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omgosh becca! this is SO cute!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely delightful idea, Becca! I will have to do some of these at my Christmas card party this weekend. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an inventive take on the sketch Becca. You could replace the sachet of chocolate with seed packets or a gift card. Brill. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. clever way to use the sketch and another great sentiment stamp collection from you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're brilliant, yet again. Being surprised by your blogposts, constantly. This is adorable and I can think of several options for the contents. Really like the traditional color scheme and that charming little bow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so creative to look at the sketch and see the cocoa holder!! I love it!! You decorated it beautifully!! These will make awesome gifts for your co-workers!! Fabulous my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute fold to hold a lovely packet of cocoa!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your comments always brighten my day Becca and so does your card! I loved the way you interpreted the sketch..couldn't think that way..the cocoa holder looks fun and thanks for sharing the dimensions too! Enjoyed playing along with you talented ladies at STAMPlorations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your "thinking outside the box!" and it works perfectly. What a great gift idea and I bet you could make them different sizes to hold gift cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Works perfectly for the sketch Becca...love this idea. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it! It's clever, adorable & creative AND would make a brill pressie!!! TFS... Gonna get used for sure:)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous clever and a brilliant take on the sketch x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute as can be, and perfect take on this great sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such an awesome idea! And I am looking forward to seeing your new stamp set ...

    ReplyDelete
  19. ...something wonky going on with my commenting...sorry if this is a duplicate....or triplicate!

    This is such a clever idea!!! Seriously cute, delightfully festive and sweeter than the featured package of yummy-in-the-tummy DARK chocolate cocoa! Thanks for sharing with us at 'the challenge' :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Becca, what a fabulous idea and so very "merry" and chocolatey! Thanks for the tutorial too! Glad you played The Challenge with us this week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this merry hot-cocoa holder...what a great holiday gift!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What fun, your co-workers are sure to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good take on the sketch Becca. I could never think of that :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great idea, gonna have to pin this. I see cocoa in my co-workers futures! Thank for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ohhh Becca, what a fabulous idea and beautifully executed!!
    Blessings
    MAxine

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a sweet gift! Love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That's really awesome, Becca! And gorgeous! Thank you for sharing the how-to!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a fabulous idea, thank you for sharing the Tutorial. A great idea for pen pals for Christmas and your stamp is just perfect
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a wonderful idea to make these for your coworkers, Becca!!! I think I must just use your idea to make something similar!!!! Very cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. thanks for that sketch how to made Becca
    and she or he will love this I believe it...
    your post always have a great POINT
    love to visit here again hehe

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very cute cocoa holder! Thank you for joining us this week at The Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love this, Becca!!! Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Me..me...me I want Cocoa!! Love this! Thanks for joining us at The Challenge, hope that you are able to join us again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. A lovely gift idea!
    Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete